Job Summary: Working with Senior and Lead Developers, the Developer is responsible for website application implementation under the direction and supervision of the Lead Developer and/or Director of Development. This position is also responsible for documentation of website design and thorough testing of all website components.
• Designs, builds or maintains websites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
• Performs project coding as assigned by Senior or Lead Developers.
• Tests, debugs and documents work performed on projects.
• Backs up work files on a regular basis for instant recovery in case of problems with new development or revision work.
• Reviews code and sites on various browsers, devices and operating systems to insure compatibility and with the intent of continually evolving Aristotle’s work output so it is always above industry standards.
• Maintains understanding of current Web technologies or programming practices, through continuing education, reading or participating in professional conferences or workshops.
• Accurately manages and logs job activity, progress, and task workload utilizing project management systems employed by Aristotle.
• Provides clear communication of status of all active projects within company job/task management software regarding status of jobs giving the managers of the projects clear action items to avoid any project delays.
• Expands and develops knowledge of multiple development platforms through continuing education and interaction with other Aristotle Developers.
• Carefully and thoroughly reads specification documentation and provides feedback on estimates.
• Provides timely, accurate diagnostic support during times that Producer or management requests emergency assistance for projects that are in jeopardy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of current Web design trends.
• Ability to develop Web-based applications in ASP.NET or Open-Source Platforms.
• Ability to do above average Web page layout.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skill with other Web development and scripting languages.
• Skill with object-oriented application design.
• Skill with C# or C++.
• Knowledge of open-source content management tools and developing components of these tools.
• Ability to develop database solutions using Microsoft SQL or MySQL, including table design or stored procedures.
• Ability to develop in iOS, Android or other similar mobile operating system.
Possesses a formal education equivalent in Computer Science or related studies, and have a minimum of 1-year professional work experience in web site development with an available portfolio.