Social Media Marketer
We’re seeking an experienced Social Media Marketer with a proven track record or success promoting brands across multiple social media platforms with both organic and paid strategies. To you, social media is more than the latest trend of the week. Social media is a communication platform that enables businesses to connect and add value to customers’ lives. Sure, you get a little obsessive about what’s new and trending. Sometimes you speak in hashtags. But that’s part of the job. The only way you can teach your clients how to resonate with their customers through social media is to live and breathe social media.
The Social Media Marketer is responsible for staying up-to-date on social media marketing best practices for the most popular platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn. This person will manage social media platforms for various brands owned by Aristotle and Aristotle’s clients to include both organic posts and paid advertisements to boost performance for selected key performance indicators.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain knowledge of the latest updates and best practices for organic and paid marketing on leading social media platforms to include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Creating and implementing strategies for growing brands’ presence and increasing engagement across social media platforms
• Creating and posting content on websites and social media platforms to engage target audiences
• Conducting advertising campaigns on multiple social media platforms
• Monitoring performance in social media platforms, generating reports, and presenting findings
• Conducting training sessions for Aristotle staff members and clients to boost social media performance
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Ability and Skills
• Knowledge of current social media publishing best practices to maximize organic traffic, brand awareness and engagement
• Ability to set up, optimize and maintain ad campaigns across multiple social media platforms
• Proven editorial skills and outstanding command of the English language
• Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics
• Ability to clearly articulate the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content
• Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns
• Familiarity with principles of marketing
• Familiarity with the use of content to drive SEO performance
• Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
• Excellent communication skills and powers of persuasion and presentation
• Strong editorial skills
• Comfortable in acting as the company’s spokesperson and advocate via sales calls, trade shows, etc.
• Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Doc applications
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
• Experience managing brands across multiple social media platforms to grow organic reach and increase engagement
• Experience managing social media advertising campaigns in social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
• The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it
• A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
• Basic technical understanding of Web publishing concepts and technologies
• Familiarity with Web analytics tools, social media marketing applications and leading social media monitoring platforms
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related communications field. MBA a plus.
• 2-3+ years professional experience in social media marketing and content development
• Strong record of valuable content creation and writing samples