Aristotle Unified Communications exercises no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through it.
Aristotle makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it provides. Aristotle also makes no warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Aristotle is not responsible for any damages a customer may suffer. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, or service interruptions caused by Aristotle’s own negligence, customer errors or omissions, the errors or omissions of third parties, or an act of God.
All services provided by Aristotle are intended for the sole use of the person or organization who has a current, in-good-standing account with Aristotle and shall not be resold or used by non-authorized individuals. Violations of use shall be cause for immediate termination of services by Aristotle. Such termination does not relieve the account holder from Contractual obligations and the account holder’s liability to pay for services in accordance with the terms of the Contract.
Lawful Use of Services
As an Aristotle customer, you agree that your Aristotle service will not be used for any criminal or unlawful purposes or for the transmission, creation, or storage of any material in violation of any State or Federal laws or regulations, including, but not limited to; any material:
- That is in violation of United States Copyright laws; That is in violation of United States Trade Secret Laws;
- That is in violation of United States Trademark Laws;
- That is threatening or obscene; or
- That is in violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, Cit.18 U.S.C 2150 et. Seq.
Aristotle generates invoices on the 16th day of each month in advance of services being rendered. Invoices cover a 30 day period from the 15th day of the then current month to the 15th day of the succeeding month.
- Aristotle VoIP Customers, including Lifeline and Emergency Broadband Benefit Customers, will not be charged based on the minutes they use. Invoices will cover the subscribed plan and any equipment purchased through Aristotle plus taxes and fees directed by the local, state, and federal government.
- Customers of any Aristotle service may receive a paper statement each month which lists all open or partially paid invoices. However, Customers who request paper statements will incur a monthly fee of $2.50.
- Aristotle does not charge transaction fees to Customers who use a credit card or debit card.
- Customers may make online payments utilizing Aristotle’s payment portal found at https://powercode.aristotle.net/
Payment is due upon receipt of invoice before the due date as stated on the invoice.
- Accounts are in default if payment is not received prior to the due date.
- Accounts determined to be in default may have their service interrupted without notice until payment is received, and an additional activation fee may be required to re-open the account.
- Aristotle reserves the right to post charges of an account in default to an on-file client credit card for services rendered. Aristotle will email a receipt of credit card charges to the client email account on-file at the time the charges are posted and paid.
- Aristotle reserves the right to send default account to a collection agency along with any information the agency needs to collect charges.
In order to cancel services, a customer must provide a 30-day notice utilizing an acceptable method that can be verified by Aristotle.
- Notices sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or written notices sent to Aristotle Unified Communications, C/O Cancellation Department, 2100 Broadway St., Little Rock AR 72206 are acceptable written notices.
- Cancellation notices sent to Aristotle must be specific as to the service being cancelled and must clearly state the name of the service as described in the service Agreement or Contract. Customers with multiple services remain obligated for payment of services on non-cancelled services.
- Non-specific cancellation notices are not valid and do not relieve the customer of financial obligations as stated in the service Agreement.
- Services which have been cancelled may be reinstated but are subject to fees to reestablish the subject services.
- Telephone calls are not accepted as a valid notice of cancellation. Customers may call to cancel service but should be aware that this is not a verifiable communication method and may not be accepted in the event a dispute arises concerning the date services were cancelled.
- Customer who wish to cancel their service prior to the service expiration date remain subject to the Terms and Conditions for service Termination as stated in the service Agreement.
Aristotle is not responsible for any third-party charges related to the use of Aristotle’s connectivity services. Any such fees are additional to the rate charged by Aristotle and are the sole responsibility of the user. Aristotle VoIP customers, including Lifeline and Emergency Broadband Benefit Customers, will not receive additional fees related to toll calls or minute overages.
Equipment provided by Customer
A customers subscribing to Aristotle’s wireless Internet service may provide a customer owned router in lieu of the router normally provided by Aristotle. However, Aristotle shall not be responsible for:
- Technical support,
- Damages resulting from the use a customer provided router, or
- Loss of service due to a failed router
Aristotle prohibits the sending of chain letters, junk mail, unsolicited commercial email or “spam,” solicitations (commercial or non-commercial) or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process. Should a customer use their Aristotle account to engage in commercial spamming behavior (which shall be deemed to include solicitations for money or business whether for a for-profit or not-for-profit entity or charity), Aristotle will charge the customer’s credit card a one-time server and bandwidth usage fee of $250.00. This fee is assessed for the unauthorized use of Aristotle resources, including bandwidth, server space, intellectual property, and good will. By engaging in spamming behavior, the customer affirms that they understand that this will be assessed, and they agree to pay this charge. Additionally, the customer acknowledges that spamming behavior injuries Aristotle’s good will and can result in Aristotle losing its “white list” status. Any account that is used for spamming or for any of the other aforementioned behaviors will be immediately terminated. The customer will be responsible for any outstanding amounts owed for Internet usage, and the customer will not be entitled to any refund of monies previously paid. The forgoing penalties do not apply if the spamming is due to the customer’s computer being compromised by a virus or hacker.
Limitations on Excess Bandwidth (Data downloads)
Aristotle limits data download maximums over Wireless Internet connections 20 GB per month. Use in excess of this limit is not permitted without specific authorization from Aristotle.
Other service limits may be imposed and subject to the specific Terms of the service Agreement for which the customer is contracted.